- We can re-route a gas line, utilizing ‘qualified’ plumbers but you must be aware that doing so can be costly, depending on the location and distance. Plumbing is not cheap!!
- Alternatively, you may want to consider using Liquid Propane (LP Gas) instead.
Not necessarily, thought it is preferred for several reasons:
- While we do install commercial quality stainless equipment, extreme elements will eventually have an effect on some parts that are not stainless steel.
- The ability to cook ‘under-cover’ offers your the opportunity to grill during inclement weather and provides shade during hot weather.
Austin Outdoor Kitchens offers several options for this situation, including: patio roof extensions, extending from the existing roof line, or a free standing arbor or pavilion. These can be custom built or you can find many attractive structures in kit-form, on-line.
Granite is a product of nature and was formed by extremely high temperatures, millions of years ago. It is strong and durable. While granite is not totally impervious to moisture, our granite counters are polished and sealed with a 20 year sealant. Natural stone cleaners and sealers are available at your local store. One thinly applied coat only takes a few seconds and will last for up to a year. Austin Outdoor Kitchens will be happy to provide you a sample bottle of both a natural stone and stainless steel cleaner.
Tile is cheaper (per square foot) but we do not recommend it for outdoor use for various reasons:
- Tile counter tops require grout lines which will soak-up moisture and need to be cleaned and sealed on a regular basis.
- Tile needs to by applied using plywood as a support and as such, even exterior grade plywood is susceptible to moisture and may need to be replaced at some time.
- Plywood is not fire resistant.
- Tiles are not as strong as natural granite, due to the thickness. Our granite counter tops are 1 1/4″ inches thick and provide a much sturdier counter top than tile.
- We can provide granite to match your existing granite kitchen counter tops.
It depends on the complexity of the equipment, design and construction. In most cases, Austin Outdoor Kitchens can install a custom built kitchen in less than 2 weeks.